Pay my Bill
eBill Paperless Billing
Click the question to view the answer. Click again to close.
View and print your energy bill online, for free, using DTE Energy eBill paperless billing. After signing up, you will receive an e-mail notification that your bill is ready to be viewed and paid. You will no longer receive a paper bill unless your DTE Energy account is in shut-off status. Instead, you will receive a monthly e-mail reminder when your bill is available online.This program is compatible with our Pay Online, Automatic Payment and BudgetWise® Billing programs.
You will receive an e-mail notification that your bill is ready to be viewed approximately 17-20 days before the bill's due date. This notification is sent to the e-mail address that you use when you sign in at dteenergy.com. Follow the link provided in the e-mail notification to view and pay your bill. If you experience a problem receiving your e-mail notifications, please contact us.
You can follow the link provided in your e-mail notification or you can view your bill by signing in to your account on this Web site. Select the bill you want to view from the drop down menu. Usually up to six months of bills are available for viewing.
We offer a variety of ways to pay your bill online. Please see our online payment section for more information.
You may cancel eBill paperless billing at any time. Once your cancellation request has been processed, you will begin receiving a paper bill again. Click here to unenroll. Follow the prompts to complete the unenrollment process.
The same late payment charges that apply to paper bills apply to eBill paperless bills as well. A two percent late fee is charged to any account paid after the due date.
When you are enrolled in eBill paperless billing, you will no longer receive newsletters or inserts in the U.S. mail. However, if a bill insert is included in the paper bill, it will be available online. You can view all bill inserts here.
If you receive multiple bill statements, you will have the opportunity to select which account(s) to enroll in DTE Energy eBill during the enrollment process.
Yes. We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring customer data. When we transfer sensitive information, we redirect you to a secure server that encodes all the data before it is transmitted over the Internet. For security reasons, bill details are not sent via e-mail. For security and privacy, you must sign in at dteenergy.com with your user ID and password to view your bill statements.
Inability to view your bill image it may be caused by the following reasons:
- Your system does not have the Adobe Acrobat software required to display the image. Go to the Adobe web site to install the free download of the latest version.
- Your system’s version of Adobe needs to be updated.
- If you are using later than Adobe Acrobat 7.0.8 (e.g. Adobe Acrobat 9), you may need to uninstall and reinstall Adobe.
- Please go to the Adobe web site to install the free download.
- If you are still having problems, open your bill using Adobe instead of Internet Explorer. To do so:
- In Adobe Reader or Acrobat, choose Edit Preferences.
- Select Internet.
- Deselect Display PDF In Browser, and then click OK.
- Close Adobe.
- Your browser version needs to be updated.
- Your Pop-up blocker setting in Internet Explorer 8 may be unchecked.
- You will need to check the box that reads “show information when pop-up is blocked”.
- You must make sure that you are allowing pop-ups through the Internet Explorer 8 options in order to view your bill online.
- The security settings for Windows 7 or Windows Vista Systems need to be modified:
- Internet Explorer recommends a higher level of security in order to view PDF bills online.
- To correct this problem, please complete the following steps:
- Set your Internet Explorer security level to MEDIUM.
- Set your Internet Explorer pop-up blocker to OFF.
- Modify security settings by clicking on EDIT then PREFERENCES within the Adobe application.
- Click SECURITY PREFERENCE then click ADVANCED PREFERENCES.
- Click the SECURITY (ENHANCED) PREFERENCE then uncheck the enhance security option.
- If the problem persists, please contact us