Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
A Simplified Solution to Paying and Receiving Your Energy Bills
If your business is already EDI capable, you can receive and pay the electric and natural gas bills via an electronic exchange of secure transactions between your company and DTE Energy.
Why sign up?
- Streamline your billing and payment processes with minimal manual interventions
- Maximize your cash flow
- Reduce paper and printing needs
- EDI costs less than paper transactions
- Improve payment accuracy
- Faster receipt and processing of payments
Supported Transaction Sets
We offer ANSI X12 industry standard 810 invoice (outbound) and 820 payment order/remittance advice transactions.
How to Get Started and Next Steps
- Verify with your technology department that your company is capable of using EDI.
- Provide DTE Energy with your company’s EDI and contact information for payments (820).
- We’ll evaluate your EDI information to determine if we will be able to receive your electronic payment and remittance information.
- We’ll set up an exchange for test files (810) between your company and DTE Energy.
Once the test is completed successfully, your company will start receiving billing information and making payments via EDI for the accounts you designate. Paper bills by mail will cease one month after accounts are set up on EDI.
Simplify Paying and Receiving Your Energy Bills today!
To begin using EDI for paying and receiving your DTE Energy bills, contact your DTE Energy Account Manager today.