Don't be confused
DTE Energy and its affiliates, including MichCon, do not engage in telemarketing or door-to-door solicitation of gas sales. Additionally, DTE Energy is not affiliated or associated with any alternative gas suppliers (AGS). Know all the facts before switching. You have the option of continuing to purchase natural gas from MichCon at a regulated rate, or from a number of AGSs licensed by the Michigan Public Service Commission.
Should you consider a change, make sure to ask the right questions:
- What price do you charge for natural gas?
- What are the terms and length of the contract?
- Will the price change during the contract?
- What are my cancellation rights?
- Is there a cancellation penalty? If so, how much?
Compare AGS gas rates to MichCon's Gas Cost Recovery (GCR) rate found on the Detail portion of your DTE Energy statement.