The following steps are used as an overview to help you through the interconnection process for Category 1. To obtain more detailed information, please view the detailed interconnection requirements section of the Web site.
- Starting the Interconnection Process:
- Customer: Let us know that you wish to interconnect an electric generating system by contacting the interconnection hotline at 313.235.4333 or at e-mail.
- DTE Energy: We will provide access to a highly qualified engineer to help you through your entire process. All documents, forms and applications required to complete the process may be found on our Web site.
- Completing the Interconnection Application:
- Customer: Complete and submit the standard Interconnection Application to the name and address on the form. A completed application consists of: (1) all required data fields filled in and (2) a filing fee*.
- Customer: At this point you may defer reviewing or review the rate option section of the web site to determine the best applicable rate option for your needs. If you qualify for and choose to select net metering as your rate, please check the boxes related to net metering on the combined interconnection and net metering application and submit the $100 combined application fee to DTE Energy.
- DTE Energy: We will send a letter/e-mail, within ten (10) business days, acknowledging our receipt of your application and notifying you that your application is complete or informing you if any portion of the application or interconnection data is incomplete or missing. Incomplete applications will be returned with the deficiencies clearly identified and may be resubmitted when complete. We will also send you a checklist with all the items that must be completed prior to operating in parallel. The application filing fee* must be received by DTE Energy before we can move forward with the application review.
- Application Review:DTE Energy Engineering Review: DTE Energy Parallel Operating Agreement:DTE Energy Customer Generation Site Verification:
- Customer: Provide us with advance written notice five (5) business days before your project will be ready for inspection, testing and approval.
- DTE Energy: After we have your completed POA and customer checklist, we will schedule for a site visit to verify that you can safely operate in parallel with our system. This may include various tasks such as an anti-islanding test, changing meters, verification of proper installation of the isolation device, and verification of electrical city/township inspection.
- Customer: The customer or project developer does not have to be at the site. If you choose to be at the site, please contact the appropriate DTE Energy representative you are working with on the project to schedule the visit .
- Parallel Operation Authorization and Ongoing Operation:
Overview of the Interconnection Process - High level step by step description of the process, roles, and responsibilities.
Detailed Interconnection Requirements- Detailed information regarding your specific customer generation project, which includes technical requirements.
Equipment list* - Detailed listing of equipment previously inspected by DTE Energy for use on current interconnection projects.
References - Helpful Web sites to complete your project.
Applications and Agreements - When you are ready to move forward with your project to interconnect and operate generation in parallel with DTE Energy complete the application.
Active Interconnection Project Status* - Status by Queue Number of all active interconnection projects.