If your commercial business consumes less than 100,000 Ccf (hundred cubic feet) of natural gas per year, MichCon's Gas Service Planning Group can assist you in providing natural gas service to your facility.
Please have answers ready for the following questions:
- When do you plan to begin construction? (The building walls need to be constructed before we can install the gas service line and metering.)
- What is your anticipated need date for gas service?
- What equipment will operate on natural gas and what are the BTU requirements? The Gas Load Worksheet* (pdf) will help you collect that information.
- Will your equipment require elevated pressure (greater than 0.25 psig)?
- Will you require gas service for construction heat?
- Do you have an approved engineering site plan of the facility, indicating where the gas meter will be located?
Our Express Set process allows installation of gas meters for new commercial construction projects shortly after the new service line work is complete.
Advantages of Express Set:
- Eliminates unnecessary wait time and scheduling headaches
- Allows you to install fuel lines at your convenience
- Allows for temporary heat during construction
If your new construction project meets the Express Set requirements, you’ll automatically receive this service. Once you install the fuel line and connect it to the meter, you can establish gas to all the connected natural gas appliances.
Express Set Requirements:
An Express Set is available to new residential and small commercial construction projects. Some restrictions apply when a site requires a larger meter and/or pressure that vary from our standard ¼ psig.
For assistance, send an e-mail or call us at the appropriate phone number listed below.
Elevated Pressure Requests
Does your commercial business have equipment that requires gas pressure in excess of our normal delivery pressure?
MichCon's standard delivery pressure to all customers is seven-inch water column (W.C.) or 0.25 psig. Customers may request pressure in excess of the standard delivery pressure due to equipment requirements, but before MichCon can grant your request, we need the following information in writing:
- The requested gas delivery pressure.
- The reason for the request. Please provide a copy of the equipment specifications.
- The step-down regulators that will be installed on all equipment.
Contact the MichCon Gas Service Planning Group
To obtain your new gas service, please select the appropriate link to e-mail the service planner for your area or use the toll-free number provided.
800.338.0178 or e-mail us
800.533.6220 or e-mail us