Adding new natural gas equipment for your commercial business may require a larger meter or an increase in gas pressure. If your business consumes less than 100,000 Ccf (hundred cubic feet) of natural gas per year, MichCon's Gas Service Planning Group can assist you.
Please have answers ready for the following questions when you contact us:
- When are you adding the new equipment?
- What equipment will operate on natural gas and what are the BTU requirements? The Gas Load Worksheet* (pdf) will help you collect that information.
- Will the new equipment require elevated pressure delivery (greater than 0.25 psig)?
Elevated Pressure Requests
Does your commercial business have equipment that requires gas pressure in excess of our normal delivery pressure?
MichCon's standard delivery pressure to all customers is seven-inch water column (W.C.) or 0.25 psig. Customers may request pressure in excess of the standard delivery pressure due to equipment requirements, but before MichCon can grant your request, we need the following information in writing:
- The requested gas delivery pressure.
- The reason for the request. Please provide a copy of the equipment specifications.
- The step-down regulators that will be installed on all equipment.
Contact the MichCon Gas Service Planning Group
For assistance in modifying your existing gas service, please select the appropriate link to e-mail the service planner for your area or use the toll-free number provided.
800.338.0178 or e-mail us
800.533.6220 or e-mail us