Advanced Degree Development Program (ADDP) Summer Internship
Highly-skilled MBA candidates are recruited to bring critical leadership, analytical and financial skills to DTE Energy. Financial Consultants of the Advanced Degree Development Program (ADDP) Summer Internship commit to a 10-12 week assignment working with leaders to provide decision support, financial planning and project management support.
Types of Developmental Assignments
- Decision Support – Analyze overall business unit performance using variance analysis, provide forecasting guidance for O&M and Capital expenditures and work closely with operations groups to develop long-term strategies.
- Trust Investments – Assist Trust Investments team in the oversight of $7B of trust assets by performing analyses on topics such as asset allocation, manager selection/evaluation, and risk management. Develop periodic updates for DTE Energy’s Investment Committee.
- Renewable Energy – Support the strategy and business development efforts of DTE Electric’s Renewable Energy business and provide financial analysis and modeling support for various commercial activities.
- Budget, Forecasting & Reporting – Lead the enterprise level financial reporting process, including consolidated budgeting and forecasting, and preparation of financial presentations for Senior Management and the Board of Directors. Interface with other teams across DTE Energy businesses to develop key financial messages presented to the investment community.
- Corporate Finance – Assist the Corporate Finance team in providing analytical and technical expertise to management related to financial market theory, financial policies and financing alternatives.
Planning & Analysis – Lead the corporation’s capital investment review/approval process and support the development of the company's long-range financial plan, with a focus on understanding the impact on customer affordability, balance sheet health, and EPS growth.
Required Core Skills
- MBA candidates with a minimum of five years of experience exhibiting a progressive work history
- Demonstrated interest in Finance and/or Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven abilities to cohesively defend or justify recommendations
- Ability to think strategically and creatively while demonstrating strong analytical skills
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.