Applications now being accepted for the 2013 program
About the program
This popular program provides full-time, temporary employment opportunities for students who are either currently college undergraduates or high school seniors preparing to attend college in the fall. College graduates and advanced degreed students are not eligible for this program. Orientation and start dates will be May 13, May 28, June 10 or June 24. Assignments will generally end within 120 days of hire (usually by Aug. 31).
- You must be age 18 by April 1, 2013
- You must be enrolled in college or provide an acceptance letter to college for fall of 2013
Preference will be given to students with college experience.
To be considered, you must complete an electronic Summer Student Employment Questionnaire between Feb. 13, 2013 and Feb. 27, 2013.
Note: You will be asked to attach your transcripts during the process, so you may want to have them already scanned as a document you can attach. High school students also should have their acceptance letter to college scanned to be used as an attachment. Please remove or obscure your Social Security number from any documents you attach.
To apply, follow the instructions provided below:
- Click here to open the window for Taleo, our online application system.
- In the new browser window that has opened, in the section "Job Search", "Keywords" , type 2013 SSP
- CLICK "Search for Jobs"
- Several types of positions for summer students will appear. To review the assignments and supplemental information, CLICK on the various 2013 summer student positions in the Job Posting section. DO NOT APPLY to the "Summer 2013 CO-OP" positions—these are rotating assignments which require you to work both the summer and winter semesters.
- To exit a posting without applying, close the screen and select the next position to review.
- To apply for a position, click "Apply Online". You may apply for only one position.
After submitting your application, you will receive acknowledgement of receipt by e-mail. We will use the phone or e-mail address information you provided to contact you if you are considered for a position. Those not selected will be notified in June.
DTE Energy reserves the right to remove job postings from this website at any time.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.