We believe that our obligation to serve our customers and the community goes beyond the delivery of safe, reliable and economical energy products and services. We're committed to enhancing the quality of life for today's society and future generations.
Our dedication to the environment and sustainable development guide how we operate our business. They are a mind-set found throughout the DTE Energy Team - from power plant and pipeline employees to senior corporate executives to the board of directors -- backed by more than a century of service, a disciplined growth strategy and a dynamic portfolio of environmentally friendly businesses.
If you're looking for a green energy career, consider these examples of the opportunities DTE Energy offers…
- Since 1995, DTE Biomass Energy projects have recovered more than 900 billion cubic feet of landfill gas - a positive environmental impact equivalent to planting more than 4.5 billion trees. DTE Biomass Energy captures the methane in landfills and abandoned coal mines and converts it into a renewable source of energy that can generate steam, electricity, fuel for industrial processes or pipeline quality gas.
- Our DTE Energy Services' Power and Renewables division is lighting the fire on wood waste to generate electricity.
- Join our marketing team in promoting our GreenCurrentsSM renewable energy program or Your Energy SavingsSM, an energy efficiency incentive program for our gas and electric utility customers.
- Nuclear power is the nation's largest source of carbon-free, clean electricity. Our Fermi 2 plant has been providing reliable, cost-effective power to the 2.1 million electric customers of Detroit Edison for more than 20 years. A new plant at the same location is under consideration.
- We're investing more than $1 billion in wind power projects in Michigan.
- Join us in investigating and implementing smart grid technologies to deliver electricity from suppliers to consumers using digital technology to save energy, reduce costs and increase reliability.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.