Energy Efficiency Supplier Opportunities
This page contains information on Supplier Opportunities for work with our Energy Efficiency groups. Please check often for updates.
DTE Energy Issuing Request for Proposal For Michigan Energy Efficiency Implementation Contractor Services
DTE Energy will be issuing a Request for Proposal (RFP) that will continue to add customer-centric energy efficient programs to the company's energy portfolio. The program that will be bid is the Residential Home Performance Program. This program scope of work consists of the following residential programs: HVAC, Audit and Weatherization, and Energy Assistance. A guiding principle under this RFP is to set the stage for a deeper relationship with the customers so they will be motivated to take actions to become more energy efficient. This effort will result in more engaged customers who believe the program offerings are personal, meaningful and relevant. All programs will be designed to ensure that the participation process for customers is clear, easy to understand and simple.
A. RESIDENTIAL HVAC PROGRAM:
The objective of the Residential HVAC Program is to encourage residential customers to install energy-efficient heating and cooling equipment. The Residential HVAC Program provides incentives to residential customers for installing energy-efficient heating and water heating equipment. Incentives are provided to the customers and will be based on fulfilling the energy efficiency requirements. More specifically, the program is designed to:
- Provide incentives to purchase high efficiency equipment as specified within the program.
- Provide technical information, education and training to contractors, builders and customers so that they can understand the benefits of the high efficiency alternatives and provide high efficiency alternatives as the best choice to consumers.
- Provide a marketing mechanism for contractors and equipment distributors to promote high efficiency equipment.
B. RESIDENTIAL AUDIT AND WEATHERIZATION PROGRAM:
The objective of the Residential Audit and Weatherization Program is to provide in-home energy information and easy to install measures to help customers take action to reduce energy use. In addition, weatherization incentives will be available to help customer save energy. The Residential Audit and Weatherization Program provides offerings under the following areas:
- An online energy audit tool,
- Comprehensive energy audits provided by certified home energy auditors, and
- Weatherization rebates to improve the home building envelope, such as insulation, air sealing, and windows.
C. RESIDENTIAL ENERGY EFFICIENCYASSISTANCE PROGRAM:
The objective of the Residential Energy Efficiency Assistance Program is to reduce the energy use of income-qualified homeowners through improvements to their existing home at no cost to them.
The Residential Energy Efficiency Assistance Program works closely with the State of Michigan approved weatherization providers through non-profit Community Action Agencies, to expand their services of installing energy-efficient equipment and improving insulation levels for those homeowners. The program also is designed to:
- Provide technical information, education and support to the Weatherization Providers so they can understand and comply with the program requirements.
- Provide customer and agency education materials where appropriate.
- Provide energy information, education and training to customers on how to save on their energy bills.
All parties interested in receiving more information about the RFP should send their contact information, referencing the Residential Home Performance RFP, to ENERGYOP@dteenergy.com no later than Wednesday, November 2, 2011.
DTE Energy (NYSE: DTE) is a Detroit-based diversified energy company involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Its operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.1 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.2 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on gas storage and pipelines, unconventional gas production, power and industrial projects, and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at dteenergy.com