With Michigan’s economic activity at a 10 year high, and the sixth highest rate of growth in the country, this is where the action is! We are the center of a global economic corridor located within 500 miles of half of the U.S. and Canadian population and income.
- A simple, fair and flat 6 percent Corporate Income Tax is among the lowest in the nation and has slashed business costs by 83 percent.
- Manufacturers will realize even greater savings through the phase out and elimination of the state Personal Property Tax.
Incentives & Financing
- $150 million in incentives and assistance annually, along with an additional $100 million available to loan small and midsize businesses.
- We rank third in the country in private sector lending to small businesses.
- Greater efficiency and higher potential profits while partnering with a world-class workforce, free to decide whether union membership is right for them.
- Nearly 14,000 manufacturing establishments have access to one of the world’s largest concentration of industrial R&D and a top-ranked research university system.
- Fourth-largest high-tech workforce with more than 87,000 engineers, 70,000 R&D professionals, and 75,000 skilled trades people.
- Michigan ranks third in the number of engineering degrees awarded annually.
Pure Michigan Lifestyle
- Affordable cost of living in a state with award-winning communities, beaches, mountains, forests, parks, museums and hundreds of cultural and historical attractions surrounded by four of the five Great Lakes.
- We rank third in home ownership rates. Living in Michigan is affordable, safe and uniquely enjoyable.
Let us help you discover the advantages of doing business in Michigan. Contact a DTE Energy Economic Development Account Manager today!
We partner with many state and local organizations to assist with your project:
Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
Detroit Economic Growth Corporation (DEGC)
Detroit Chamber Regional Economic Partnership
SPARK (Washtenaw County)