Along the maze of life, everyone experiences personal, family or work-related “road blocks” now and then. But sometimes these ordinary everyday challenges, if not dealt with, can grow into bigger concerns—concerns that may overwhelm and distract you from doing your job or being there for your family.
Some people have the unhealthy notion that these personal issues are something to be ashamed of, bottled up, toughed out or even ignored. But doing nothing can be a step in the wrong direction and send you down an unhealthy path. Your well-being, happiness and ability to be productive depend on a balance between your life at home and at work. It’s difficult to be on task on the job if you are worried about troubles at home; and you can’t be there for your family if you are overwhelmed with other demands.
DTE Energy has teamed with Henry Ford Health System to bring you WellLife Employee Assistance Program—a comprehensive counseling and referral program aimed at helping you and your household members manage life’s challenges so you can succeed by maximizing your health and effectiveness at work and home.
What you should know about WellLife EAP:
- It’s a source of support for DTE Energy Corporate employees, spouses and their household members (including kids away at school) at no charge.
- It’s a voluntary and confidential program. No information can be reported about you or your use of the EAP to anyone.
- You’ll talk with an experienced, licensed professional. All counselors are experienced, licensed and have a Master’s degree in various emotional and behavioral disciplines.
- It’s about results. The goal of WellLife EAP is to get you feeling better quickly by focusing on practical solutions to problems. The service includes an initial consultation and up to five counseling sessions.
- It’s convenient. There are numerous WellLife locations in Metro Detroit plus affiliates outside Metro Detroit.
To learn more reference the WellLife brochure* or call 888.EAP.HFHS (327.4347). In case of emergency call 313.468.2000. The emergency number is for emergency care only.
DTE Energy Resources (i.e. DTE Energy Services, DTE Coal Services and DTE Biomass Energy)
Contact HelpNet at 800.969.6162 or online at www.helpneteap.com.
Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
In addition to EAP Services, the company provides Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) Services to employees who have tested positive under the Drug and Alcohol programs. A SAP is a licensed physician (Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy); or a licensed or certified psychologist, social worker, or employee assistance professional; or an addiction counselor (certified by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors Certification Commission or by the International Certification Reciprocity Consortium/Alcohol & Other Drug Abuse).
All SAP must have knowledge of and clinical experience in the diagnosis and treatment of alcohol and controlled substances-related disorders. These services are provided by Henry Ford.