New Mothers Rooms at various DTE Energy locations support the transition back to work from maternity leave for employees who wish to continue nursing their baby. They aid in the back-to-work transition by providing a safe, comfortable and private location to support the nursing process.
Mothers who continue nursing after they return to work have fewer and shorter absences, and enjoy higher morale, loyalty, productivity and satisfaction. Research also shows breast feeding is linked to healthier babies.
Development of New Mothers Rooms has been targeted, in general, for company facilities with more than 30 female employees under the age of 40. Current New Mothers Rooms are available at the following locations:
- 124 Kentwood (Access Code Required)
- 277 Service Building (Access Code Required)
- Ashley Mews Building - 1st floor Women’s Lounge
- Belle River Power Plant First Aid Station
- Fermi - GTOC Women’s Locker Room
- Fermi First Aid Station (inside the fence)
- Monroe Power Plant First Aid Station
- River Rouge Power Plant First Aid Station
- Southfield - 2nd floor Women’s Lounge
- St. Clair Power Plant First Aid Station
- Trenton Channel Power Plant First Aid Station
- Warren Service Center First Aid Station
Questions about the New Mothers Rooms, accessing locked rooms, and making the transition back to work can be directed to Emily Breitner, 313.235.4784.
Those who use the New Mothers Rooms are encouraged to review the New Mothers Room Guidelines and register in order to track utilization of this resource and ensure the continued existence of the Rooms.