TICKET REQUEST FORMS:
The 9th Annual Walk on the Wild Side! employee appreciation event will take place on Saturday, August 3, 2013 at the Detroit Zoo. All DTE Energy employees, retirees and their families are invited. This year's event is all about fun and relaxation!
NEW THIS YEAR!
- Ticket Request Changes: To simplify the ticket process, employees who request tickets will automatically receive the maximum 6 tickets and retirees who request tickets will automatically receive the maximum 4 tickets. Only tickets redeemed at the Detroit Zoo are charged to DTE Energy. If you don’t need all of your tickets, extras can be turned in at the resolution tables outside the entrance gates to the zoo. Tickets are intended for employees, retirees and their family members only.
- Parking Changes: Offsite parking has been moved back to the Oakland Community College South Parking Garage in Downtown Royal Oak. The parking garage is located at the corner of Washington Street and Lincoln Avenue. The pick up and drop off location for the shuttle busses remains the same. Please wait on the Northeast corner of Washington Street and Lincoln Avenue in front of the entrance to Oakland Community College.
- Shuttle Bus Service Extended: The shuttle busses from the Detroit Zoo to the Parking Garage will run from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm to allow attendees who stay until the zoo closes time to get back on the shuttle and back to their vehicles.
- Goodie Bags: Grab a bag of goodies after you enter the zoo! The first 5,000 people will receive bags. One bag per person. Goodie Bags are only available during the DTE Energy event which ends at 11 am.
- Breakfast Begins at 8:00 am: After you grab your goodie bag meander your way to the breakfast pavilion beginning at 8 am. Breakfast will be served until 11:00 am.
- Water Moved to Breakfast Area: Bottled water will now be available in the breakfast pavilion.
- Fitness Walk Route Reversed: For those interested in a fitness walk, the walk will begin just north of the breakfast pavilion near the Ford Education Center at 8:30 am. Not interested? Take your time and enjoy the zoo exhibits.
- No Scavenger Hunt: We will not be doing a scavenger hunt this year.
- New Activities in the Main Picnic Grove: We’ll be offering a Zumba class at 9:00 am and a Tai Chi class at 10:00 am in the Main Picnic Grove. Similar to last year we’ll also have recess activities and music by Soul Provider.
- No Raffle Drawing: Since all attendees will be receiving a goodie bag when they enter the zoo, we will not be doing a raffle drawing this year.
7:00 am – West 10 Mile Road Zoo parking opens.
7:1 5am – Zoo admission gates open.
8:00 am – Breakfast begins in Picnic Pavilion.
8:30 am – Optional fitness walk leaves from breakfast pavilion. Activities begin in picnic grove. Enjoy live music from Soul Provider.
9:00 am – Zoo parking lot closes. Offsite parking required for those arriving after 9 am. Zumba class begins in picnic grove.
10:00am – Tai Chi class begins in picnic grove.
11:00 am – All DTE Energy activities end.
DTE Energy employees are eligible to receive 6 tickets each and retirees are eligible to receive 4 tickets each. Children under 2 years old do not need tickets. The DTE Energy event ends at 11 am. Tickets remain valid for free zoo admission all day.
Ticket packets will be mailed to your home by July 31. If you have extra tickets, please turn them in at the resolution tables outside of the zoo admission gates when you arrive at the zoo. Only tickets redeemed at the zoo are charged to DTE Energy. Tickets are intended for DTE Energy employees, retirees and their families only.
To request tickets, fill out the appropriate form above.
Additional tickets can be purchased at the Zoo admission gates after 9:00 am.
Due to the increasing size of our event the zoo has requested that attendees who arrive after 9 a.m. park at an offsite parking garage in Royal Oak. The South Parking Garage at Oakland Community College in Royal Oak is reserved for DTE Energy employees and retirees. The parking garage is located at the corner of Washington Street and Lincoln Avenue in Royal Oak. Parking is free. Shuttles will be provided to transport you from the garage to the zoo. Shuttles will run from 9:00am to 6:00 pm. See ticket packet for more details.
Employees will receive 6 breakfast coupons and retirees will receive 4 breakfast coupons. As with the zoo tickets, if you do not need all of your breakfast coupons please turn in extras at the resolution tables outside the zoo admission gates when you arrive at the zoo.
Breakfast will begin in the Picnic Pavilion at 8:00 am. Turn in your breakfast coupon before entering the Picnic Pavilion. Panera Bread will be offering a healthy breakfast including a bagel, cream cheese, apple, juice and water.
After you pick up your breakfast you can participate in the optional Fitness Walk beginning at 8:30 am just north of the breakfast pavilion or take your time and enjoy the zoo exhibits at your own pace.