These Terms and Conditions apply to any payment made to DTE Energy. Please read them carefully.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that sufficient funds are available to complete any payments you schedule. You agree that you may be charged a returned item fee if funds are not available at the time of the scheduled payment.
- If your financial institution rejects the transaction for any reason, your payment will not be applied to your DTE Energy account.
- You may change or cancel scheduled one-time payments up to one day before the scheduled payment date. Same day payments cannot be cancelled.
- If you are enrolling in Automatic Payment, you are authorizing DTE Energy to debit the bank or card account you designate each billing period to pay automatically the amount due on your DTE Energy billing statement. DTE Energy will advise you by a billing statement message of the amount and date of the payment that will be automatically debited.
- To discontinue the optional Automatic Payment Plan, you can
- Sign in to your account at dteenergy.com,
- Call Customer Service at 800.477.4747, or
- Write to Quality Control, 807 WCB, One Energy Plaza, Detroit, MI 48226. Your request must be received at least two business days before the scheduled debit date on your billing statement.