You can use Visa®, MasterCard®, a debit card or personal checking account to make a payment by phone.
- Allow 2-4 business days for the payment to be applied to your DTE Energy account. As long as payment is made by 1 p.m. Eastern Time on the due date, you will not be charged a late fee.
- To complete your transaction, you will need your DTE Energy account number(s) as well as your debit or credit card or checking account and bank routing numbers.
- There is no fee for payments made by phone.
- The maximum payment amount is $10,000.
Please call 800.477.4747 to make your payment. Pay by phone service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Are you having difficulty paying your utility bill on time?
Help is available.
- Sign up for Recurring (Automatic) payments and we'll do the remembering for you. Stop writing checks or worrying about late payments.
- BudgetWise® Billing takes the seasonal ups and downs out of your energy bills so you pay the same amount every month.
- You may qualify for a Payment Agreement.
- We also partner with many local and state agencies to offer Payment Assistance.