Strengthening our System
We work year-round to maintain, repair and improve our electrical system. Our goal is to minimize outages and ensure reliable electric service.
This work includes:
- Trimming trees to avoid interference with power lines and other electrical equipment.
- Inspecting power lines, utility poles and other electrical equipment, such as transformers, fuses and regulators, and repairing or replacing equipment as needed.
- Adding electrical circuits and substations in rapidly growing areas.
- Monitoring outages to identify areas experiencing frequent outages.
- Analyzing the outage cause(s) to determine what can be done to correct the situation. This may include scheduling supplemental tree trimming; adding, repairing, replacing, repairing or upgrading electrical equipment; or re-routing power lines.
Once this additional work has been completed, we continue to monitor outages and growth in the area to develop additional corrective measures as needed.