Make the switch to natural gas now and begin saving 50%* on your home energy bills this heating season!
- No more negotiating with propane or heating oil suppliers. Our rates are regulated by the Michigan Public Service Commission.
- No more worries about running out of fuel. Delivery of natural gas is completely worry-free.
Natural Gas is safe, clean-burning, efficient and economical.
* Average savings for residential customers based on a five-year period.
Compare Costs for Yourself
Fill in the blanks below, then click the "Calculate Savings" button for your potential cost savings.
|Convert Current Fuel to Natural Gas Units:|
|1,000 gallons||x||91,000 Btu per gallon (1)||=||891||Ccf Natural Gas (2)|
|102,100 Btu per Ccf (1)|
|Your Current Annual Fuel Costs:||$1,230|
|Your Equivalent Natural Gas Costs:|
|891||Ccfs x 0.86206 (3)||$768|
|$10.50||Customer Charge (3) x 12 months||$126|
|$0.23||Monthly U-16999 IRM Surcharge (3) x 12 months||$2.76|
|4% Residential Michigan Sales Tax||$36|
|Total Annual Natural Gas Costs (4)||$930|
|Your Estimated Annual Savings with Natural Gas:||$300|
(1) Source: Energy Information Administration Web site, "Apples, Oranges and Btu"
(2) Ccf = hundred cubic feet
(3) DTE's current rate as approved by the Michgan Public Service Commission
(4) Note: Other potential installation fees may apply.
Is MichCon Natural Gas Service available in my area?
The Michigan Public Service Commission maintains a state-wide listing of electric and gas utility companies and the general areas they serve. Once you have determined that MichCon serves your community, please use the e-mail or phone contact information below to find out if service is available at your location.
How do I make the switch?
It’s easy! Just send us an e-mail or phone 800.533.6220. A MichCon representative will contact you to verify service is available at your location and to provide an estimated cost for service line and meter installation.