Forced Air Furnace & Boiler Tune-up Program
Get a Forced Air Furnace or Boiler Diagnostic Tune-Up and Receive a $50 Rebate
Even the best equipment needs regular maintenance. Properly-maintained heating equipment runs more efficiently, lasts longer, and is safer for your family.
Receive a $50 rebate when you complete a furnace or boiler tune-up through DTE Energy’s Residential Diagnostic Tune-Up Program.
It’s As Easy As 1-2-3!
- Choose one of DTE Energy’s participating HVAC contractors from the online list of participating contractors.*
- Have a diagnostic tune-up performed on your forced air furnace or boiler by a participating contractor.
- Your participating contractor will submit a rebate application for you, and you will receive your rebate check in the mail in 6-8 weeks.
For details on program eligibility, click here.
Regular Maintenance vs. Diagnostic Tune-Up
While regular maintenance and service is beneficial, the Residential Diagnostic Tune-Up Program goes the extra mile. Your participating HVAC contractor will use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to evaluate your furnace or boiler, and then make adjustments to bring the equipment to like-new operating conditions. This will maximize efficiency and reliability, lower energy use costs, and extend the life of your system.
The tune-up service will:
- Measure the gas manifold pressure, as proper manifold pressure is needed for the system to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Inspect the system’s electrical components for wear, connectivity, and proper operation.
- Check temperature rise for gas furnaces or boilers, to ensure proper equipment operation and desired comfort levels.
- Inspect and verify proper size and operation of combustion venting (flue) systems.
- Perform combustion efficiency tests, before and after the maintenance service.
- Make sure all system controls are operating properly.
Did You Know...?
- Even though your home feels comfortable, it may have unidentified heating system problems that can increase your operating costs.
- Depending on the current condition of your equipment, a diagnostic tune-up may pay for itself several times over in energy savings alone.
- Many manufacturers require regular maintenance to protect the validity of your furnace/boiler warranty.
- Properly-maintained equipment lasts longer, and can prevent more costly repairs.
- A diagnostic tune-up can identify and eliminate potential health and safety problems.
- New furnaces and boilers can operate at efficiencies of up to 98%. That means for every dollar spent on fuel, only 2% is wasted. An 18-year-old unit could waste as much as 20-30%.
- Improperly-operating gas heating equipment can become a potential hazard. A dirty burner or cracked heat exchanger causes improper operation.
- Flue outlets must be inspected and/or cleaned regularly. A dirty or partially-clogged flue outlet can also be a safety and health hazard.
Our Commitment to Quality
Each rebate application submitted to the program is evaluated and verified to ensure that the diagnostic tune-up meets the program’s performance standards, which are based on the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) HVAC Quality Maintenance Standard and industry-accepted best practices and standards.
To be eligible to participate in the rebate program, your home must be a separately-metered, single-family home (detached or attached), and you must receive natural gas service from DTE Energy. New construction homes and commercial properties are not eligible for this offer.
The program will run from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013. Rebates will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and participants are encouraged to apply early, as program funds are limited. Your contractor must be approved prior to the service, and must submit the program documentation for you within 30 days of the service. Rebates are limited to one per gas-fired furnace or boiler that receives a diagnostic tune-up.
2013 Rebate Program Status
Available funds paid as of