Saving money on new energy-efficient equipment has never been easier! Rebates are available for equipment installations on or after April 1, 2013.
|Equipment Type||Rebate||Customer Eligibility|
|97% AFUE or greater natural gas furnace||$325||DTE Energy Natural Gas Customers|
|96% - %96.99 AFUE natural gas furnace||$300||DTE Energy Natural Gas Customers|
|95% - %95.99 AFUE natural gas furnace||$250||DTE Energy Natural Gas Customers|
|90% AFUE natural gas boiler||$1000||DTE Energy Natural Gas Customers|
|ECM Motors factory installed on new gas furnace only||$50||DTE Energy Electric Customers|
|Programmable Thermostat||$10||DTE Energy Natural Gas Customers|
Your HVAC contractor will be submitting your rebate request through our new online application system. If you self installed a programmable thermostat download the rebate form.
Take advantage of DTE Energy rebates by following these simple steps:
- Confirm your eligibility - All DTE Energy Natural Gas residential customer account holders are eligible for a 95% or greater AFUE furnace rebate, 90% or greater AFUE boiler rebate and programmable thermostat rebate. All DTE Energy Electric residential customer account holders are eligible for an ECM Motor when installed with a new gas furnace.
- Choose a participating contractor - Here is a list of participating HVAC contractors*. These contractors have been trained to submit the online application for you and they are required to pull a permit for installation with your government entity. If your contractor is not listed, they can receive training and user name and password by e-mailing DTE Residential.
- Select your new equipment - Your contractor will help you determine which HVAC equipment qualifies for rebates and properly size the equipment for maximum efficiency.
- Install the equipment - Have your contractor install the equipment in your home.
- Sign the rebate application - Simply provide the contractor with your DTE Energy Natural Gas account number and sign the terms and conditions form that your contractor will provide. Your contractor will submit the completed application online on your behalf. If you wish to receive updates about your rebate during processing, please give your e-mail address to the contractor so they can enter it on the online application form. All applications must be received within 30 days of installation.
- Receive your rebate check - DTE Energy will process your completed application, and you will receive your rebate check within six to eight weeks.
2013 Rebate Program Status
Available funds paid as of
HVAC Glossary (PDF)