Saving money on new energy-efficient water heating equipment has never been easier! Rebates are available for equipment installations on or after January 1, 2012.
|Equipment Type||Rebate||Customer Eligibility|
|Super High Efficiency Natural Gas Water Heater EF .67 or higher||$75||DTE Energy Gas customers only|
|Tankless Natural Gas Water Heater EF .82 or higher||$100||DTE Energy Gas customers only|
Take advantage of DTE Energy rebates by following these simple steps:
1. Confirm your eligibility - All DTE Energy residential gas customers are eligible for a water heating rebate.
2. Choose a participating contractor - Here is a list of participating contractors*. These contractors have been trained to submit the online application for you and they are required to pull a permit for installation with your government entity. If your contractor is not listed, they can receive training and user name and password by e-mailing DTE Residential.
3. Select your new equipment - Your contractor will help you determine which equipment qualifies for rebates.
4. Install the equipment - Have your contractor install the water heating equipment in your home.
5. Sign the rebate application - Simply provide the contractor with your DTE Energy gas account number and sign the terms and conditions form that your contractor will provide. Your contractor will submit the completed application online on your behalf. If you wish to receive updates about your rebate during processing, please give your e-mail address to the contractor so they can enter it on the online application form. All applications must be received within 30 days of installation.
6. Receive your rebate check - DTE Energy will process your completed application, and you will receive your rebate check within six to eight weeks.
2013 Rebate Program Status
Available funds paid as of