Why does DTE Energy want to help me save energy and save money?
It’s a new era in Michigan and people across our state are looking to take more control of their energy costs and save money. Learning more about energy efficiency is a great way to achieve that goal.
Simple things, like switching to CFL bulbs, or turning off electronic devices when not in use, can make a difference. Over time, these small efforts can lower your energy bills. In addition, DTE offers rebates to make energy efficiency easier and cheaper. From appliance recycling to finding a contractor for your energy efficiency projects we want to help you save energy and money.
"Why is DTE Energy, telling us to use less energy?"
In October, 2008, the Michigan Legislature directed utilities to establish an Energy Optimization program designed to:
- Help customers control their energy use and save them money through rebates and energy-saving education.
- Improve the environment by controlling energy consumption.
- Help to delay the need for a base load power plant, protecting customers from incurring the cost of construction.
Back in 2009, DTE Energy established an energy efficiency program to help customers lower energy bills. Since then, the program has helped our customers save millions of dollars worth of energy. Customer response to these energy efficiency programs continues to be positive.
DTE Energy offers a wide range of online resources to help you save on your energy bill
We’ve made it a priority to educate customers about the benefits of energy efficiency. You may have seen one of our billboards, heard an ad on the radio, watched an energy efficiency video or seen our booth at a local community event. Or maybe you’ve seen some tips or rebate information on the DTE Energy Facebook page. We’ve been out in the community sharing the benefits of energy savings to encourage customers to take that first step toward saving energy. more
In addition, we’ve added a number of online tools to help you save:
- Tour our Interactive House for energy-saving tips for every room of your home
- Calculate the savings on your energy bill for making various energy-efficiency improvements at our energy calculator page.
- Receive a free energy-efficiency kit, valued at $25, for completing the MyEnergy Analyzer online audit.
- Learn about offers and rebates for which you may be eligible for making various energy efficiency improvements on our residential save energy page for residential customers and business customers.
- View our "how to" videos to learn more about saving energy and money.
- Sign up to receive eConnections, our free newsletter that is e-mailed every month with energy-saving tips and special offers.
- Get no cost, low cost and long energy savings tips too!
- Check out the events page to see where our energy efficiency experts are this week!
It’s in all our best interests to work together to save energy and save money. It’s good for you, for our environment and for the energy future of Michigan.